Being productive and efficient is very important not only for entrepreneurs but also for any kind of people. My motto at the home page reads “Time is money”, it is there because I firmly believe that time must be spent wisely. In this article I’ve listed my top 8 productivity tools which have helped me saving time, and ultimately being more productive and efficient.
Note: all the items listed here are FREE!
- Sidekick by HubSpot: Sidekick is an extensions which basically let you see who opens and clicks your emails. The extension is compatible with Gmail, Outlook and Apple Mail. I’ve personally used Sidekick for a couple of months already and it’s fantastic, very easy to use and very easy to install. So if you are concerned whether someone opened your email and isn’t responding to you this is the tool to use!
- Adblock Plus: Adblock is probably one of the best extensions to add to your browser, this tool basically blocks all PopUps and Adds when you go into a website. The extension is compatible with nearly all browsers you can think off, from Chrome to Firefox, from Safari to Opera, etc. I’ve personally used Adblock and all I can say is that I won’t stop using it! If you are one of those people who gets frustrated by so many pop ups and adds when you into a website this is the tool for you.
- WiseStamp: Depending on what you do this extension lets you personalize your email signature. On Gmail for example you are able to add a signature with just your name and maybe a couple more things, with WiseStamp, however, you can add a picture, your social media sites through elegant icons and more. If you are concerned about sending an email with a stylish and modern signature check out this extension now!
- Block site 3.1.7 “Block site” is truly the deal when it comes to blocking websites that you no longer wish to visit. I’ve used this extension for quite a while and it’s helped me quitting procrastination and getting things done. This is that the developers have to say about their site: “Stay focused and let Block Site automatically blocks websites of your choice. Best for procrastination problems. Add a website you want to block in the options and it is automatically blocked. When you try to go to this page it will be redirected to a special blocked website with our mascot Mr. Wips.” Also if you think your children are visiting inappropriate websites just block them with BlockSite!
- Boomerang for Gmail only: This is probably one of the best tools out there to schedule an email to be sent later. Sometimes you may want to send an email at night but you only free time in the morning. If this is your problem, don’t panic! write your email whenever you have time then schedule it with Boomerang for Gmail and it will be sent at exactly the time of your choice. From personal experience I’d highly recommend you getting this awesome extension, it’s very simple to use and install.
- ZeroPC: This is an awesome tool which I have just been introduced too. What it does is it lets you manage your cloud services from a single account. Let’s say you have Dropbox and Google Drive or even Onedrive, etc. and you are tired of having to Login to all of them individually, if this is your problem worry no more, with ZeroPC you can manage all your clouds with a single account allowing you to save time and money.
- Zotero: This tool is especially useful if you are doing research or managing databases. The plugin lets you save websites, articles, etc. in a private library collection which you can safely organize or share with friends. It also works best in my opinion with Firefox. I’ve personally used Zotero for more than three years and the best use I make of it is creating citations and bibliographies for my college research which i can then insert into Word, Google docs, etc. I would truly recommend this plugin for students involved in research as it is going to save you so much time and effort, really!
- QualityTime (Android only): A beautiful app which lets you keep track of how much time you are spending on your phone by hour, by day and by week. The app also let you see how much time you are spending on each individual app, which may help you regulate your phone habits!
- If you want to get more awesome curated productivity tools go to our Productivity Tools page.
- The page is password protected because we only want people who are genuinely interested to access it. If you are one of those people then claim your FREE password today!